Now and then as salespeople it is worthwhile to make sure we are practicing the basics of relationship building. In fact, these are the basics of building any connections with others but, if you are in sales and depend upon your relationships with your customers for your success, you should be ever more aware of the impressions you make.
- Greet your customers with a genuine smile.
- Show your respect for them by being well prepared for every interaction.
- Listen carefully to what they have to say.
- Follow through on every single commitment you make
- Know your product/service offering inside and out so you can make sound recommendations.
- Be on your customer’s side so they know you have their best interests at heart.
- Be fair and transparent as you structure the deal together.
- Show interest in your customer’s personal as well as professional life.